ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories is the main ISO standard used by testing and calibration laboratories. In most major countries, ISO/IEC 17025 is the standard for which most labs must hold accreditation in order to be deemed technically competent. In many cases, suppliers and regulatory authorities will not accept test or calibration results from a lab that is not accredited.
Benefits of ISO 17025
Implementing ISO/IEC 17025 as part of laboratory quality initiatives provides both laboratory and business benefits such as:
- Enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- Top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- Providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process
- Analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality
- auditing of the complaints-handling process
- A culture of continuous improvement
- Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
Who Needs ISO 10002?
The standard is for any organization that wishes to implement an efficient customer services system and wishes to excel in this field regardless of their size and the nature of their business be it the private or the public sector.
- Having access to more contracts for testing and/or calibration. Some public and private organizations only give contracts to accredited laboratories.
- Accreditation will also help to get more contracts from organizations that don’t mandate accreditation, but do give preference to accredited laboratories in competitive situations.
- Improved national and global reputation and image of the laboratory.
- Continually improving data quality and laboratory effectiveness.
- Having a basis for most other quality systems related to laboratories, such as Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
How Kayzed Helps to Get Certified?
Kayzed Consultants is one of the largest & leading business management consulting organizations offering business management consulting services to organizations of all nature and size.
Our services are essential for businesses of all types whether it is to get products to market, meet contractual and regulatory requirements or improve quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
The core of our business is our people whose depth of knowledge and experience means they understand the issues that are important to your business and to meeting your goals.
Our ISO certification services cover training, gap analysis, documentation, implementation assistance, internal audit, pre-assessment audit, assistance in selection of the ISO certification body and ensuring successful completion of the ISO certification audit.
We ensures that you have the right frameworks in place to manage efficiency, quality, consistency and risk.
Who Needs ISO 17025?
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is for use by laboratories in developing their management system for quality, administrative and technical operations. Laboratory customers, regulatory authorities and accreditation bodies may also use it in confirming or recognizing the competence of laboratories. ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is not intended to be used as the basis for certification of laboratories.